POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: scott
Date: 1 Dec 2008 04:12:36
Message: <4933aa84$1@news.povray.org>
> You can get plasmas over 100". I haven't seen an LCD over 50"

http://www.techdigest.tv/2008/10/sharps_108inch.html

I think it costs like $100k and only available in Japan...

You can also get a 65" one for a more moderate price (I think around 3000
pounds) - we have one in our UK office in the conference room it's HUGE!

What you have to remember with LCD, is the actual glass the electronic
circuits are made on, is 0.7mm thick.  You try transporting or working on a
sheet of glass that thin and 108" diagonal!